ARE YOU—OR IS SOMEONE YOU LOVE—INVOLVED IN SPORTS?
Do you always wear a mouthguard? If not, consider these interesting facts:
- Up to 40% of dental injuries are sustained during sports activities.
- The cost of a custom mouthguard is a small fraction of the cost of dealing with dental trauma.
- NOT wearing your mouthguard makes you 60 times more likely to sustain an injury to the face and mouth.
When A Mouthguard Is Super Comfortable, It’s More Likely To Be Worn
We know that a lot of people avoid wearing mouthguards because they’re uncomfortable. They get in the way of speech, and sometimes hamper breathing. They can also put stress on one’s jaw if it doesn’t fit right.
Custom Mouthguards Are Different
- Custom-fit mouthguards are more comfortable than stock mouthguards—even the boil-and-bite ones.
- They’re less bulky, which makes talking, breathing, and swallowing easier.
- Because of the quality of the materials used, they last longer.
- You’ll enjoy added protection against cut lips, a cut tongue, and concussions.
Girls’ Athletics Have Climbed Dramatically. Help Protect Their Teeth!
Mouthguards are recommended for both adults and youth sports, and in just about every sport. In fact, they are recommended for any activity where your face may get hit by an elbow, a ball, or the ground!
Talk to us about a custom mouthguard fitting to avoid injury and to stay at the top of your game! (617.566.5445)