HAVE YOU BEEN DIAGNOSED with beginning stage gum disease or gingivitis? No worries, we can help! At Longwood Dental Group, your hygienist will work with you to prescribe your at home dental regimen. Coordinated with an in office treatment plan and careful maintenance we can correct the problem and protect your healthy smile.
Depending on your individual condition and needs, we may recommend a treatment known by several different names: “root planing and scaling”, “periodontal cleaning or maintenance”, or “deep cleaning.”
- A bacterial infection has become too “set-in” to be remedied by a routine cleaning.
- Plaque has solidified into calculus deposits that are sitting under the surface of your gums and continue to irritate the gums and spread infection.
- Removing the calculus from below the gum line, using special tools.
- Smoothing the root surfaces to be sure plaque can’t continue to get traction.
- Once the plaque and calculus are removed, your gums can finally heal.
Gum Disease Treatment May Require Some Follow-Up Maintenance And Monitoring
Remember that after we’ve completed treatment, there may be additional maintenance necessary. More frequent cleanings will help protect your recovering gums and allow us to monitor your progress.
Set Up A Plan To Get Your Oral Health Back On Track
Each case of gum disease is different. If the infection is extensive, you may need additional help. But whatever the case, we can discuss your options and help you with a plan to regain control of your oral health.
A Simple Video Explanation:
You’re In Good Hands
Longwood Dental Group is a Multi Specialty practice, offering specialists in all fields of dentistry. Our periodontist, Dr. Robert Cipriano provides periodontal consultations/exams for our patients and oversees all periodontal treatment and treatment plans
Don’t put it off any longer! Talk to us today about your options.
Thanks for being our valued patient!