The Flexibility of Dental Implant Therapy Means That Our Patients Can Replace As Many, Or As Few, Teeth As Necessary.
Customized Treatment Plans
After your initial consultation, the first step to replacing several teeth is creating an individualized care plan. During this process, the dentists at Longwood Dental Group will walk you through the decision process for:
- How many teeth need to be replaced
- If any natural teeth can be retained
- Whether or not other teeth need to be extracted
- How many implants should be installed
- If a bone graft or other surgery is needed
- The type of restoration(s) necessary
- Whether to opt for sedation during your treatment
- How you want your new teeth to look
Choosing Your Restoration
Depending on how many teeth need to be replaced, you may find yourself selecting from implant restorations like:
- Porcelain Crowns – When missing teeth are scattered throughout your mouth, we will use single dental crowns placed on top of individual implants. Because they stand independently, caring for single implants and crowns is just like brushing or flossing around a real tooth.
- Fixed Implant Bridges – Perhaps you have several missing teeth in a row that need to be replaced. Traditionally, you would wear a removable partial denture. Instead, we can use two or three implants to support a fixed dental bridge without altering neighboring teeth.
- An Implant Supported or All-on-4 Denture – Replacing all of your teeth at one time can be done with an implant-retained prosthesis or a fixed All-on-4 denture. Depending on the type that you choose, your restoration may be permanently anchored in place or removable.
Which Option is Right for Me?
Ultimately, the decision on how to replace several teeth is up to you and your dentist. At Longwood Dental Group, our providers are happy to meet with you privately to discuss your unique concerns as they relate to getting implants in our Brookline office.